Rodney Allan Radtke
Main focus is in epilepsy, sleep disorders, and clinical neurophysiology interpretation. Specific areas of interest include predictive outcome factors in epilepsy surgery, neuroimaging characteristics of neuronal migration disorders, development of new medical treatments of epilepsy and narcolepsy, and the pharmacogenetics of epilepsy and its treatment.
No involvement in basic laboratory research.
Ongoing clinical trials include:
1) Pharmacogenetics of epilepsy
2) behavioral treatment trial for insomnia
Special expertise recognized by serving on Professional Advisory Board of the Epilepsy Foundation of America and election as chairman of the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (certifying body in EEG, Evoked Potentials, Epilepsy Monitoring and Sleep).
Key words: Epilepsy
Education and Training
- M.D., Northwestern University, 1980
Selected Grants and Awards
- An integrated and diverse genomic medicine program for undiagnosed diseases
- Exploratory genomic investigations of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy
- Classifying Psychiatric, Medical, and Primary Insomnias
- Dose-response effects of behvioral Insomnia Therapy
- Dose Response Effects Of Behavioral Insomnia Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy For Primary Insomnia